This is the personal blog of Wan Saiful Wan Jan.
Wan Saiful, Founding Chief Executive of the Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs (www.IDEAS.org.my), boarded at Sekolah Alam Shah, Kuala Lumpur, and then Tonbridge School, England. He holds a BA (Hons) in Management (Northumbria, UK) and an MSc in Research Methodologies (Middlesex, UK).
Wan Saiful lived in the United Kingdom between August 1993 and October 2009. There he worked for several organisations, including the think tank Commonwealth Policy Studies Unit, the British Conservative Party’s Research Department, and Social Enterprise London. He was vice chair of Luton Conservative Association (2007–2009) and Head of Policy for the Conservative Muslim Forum (2007-2009). In May 2007, he contested in the English local elections as a Conservative Party candidate.
Wan Saiful is also Editor of AkademiMerdeka.org, a project of Atlas Global Initiative to promote libertarian ideas to speakers of Bahasa.
He was a columnist for Utusan Malaysia, and now has columns in:
- The Edge (first Saturday of every month),
- The Star (iPad edition, every Wednesday, fortnighly),
- Harakah (every Friday, fortnightly)
- The Malaysian Insider (twice a month, no fixed day)
He has also writen Forewords for the following books:
- Perak: a state of crisis (2010)edited by Audrey Quay
- Perspektif Perlembagaan (2010) oleh Professor Abdul Aziz Bari
- Abiding Times (2011) by YAM Tunku Zain Al-’Abidin Muhriz